Monday, May 16, 2005

Weight Loss Challenge

Today Joe Fisher and I started a weight loss challenge...which is really nothing more than keeping each other held accountable to a shared vision of losing weight.

I am the heaviest and unhealthiest I have ever been. We won't talk about the whys as they don't really matter, nor are they good reasons. The important part is that I recognize this and I need to do something about it.

As of today I weigh in at ~170 lbs. I need to get down to the 155-158 range and back into a 32" waist.

Today, to work towards this goal, I took the following actions:
- Ate a breakfast bar, and bottled water for breakfast
- Ate a 1/2 chicken wrap and side salad with water for lunch
- Had a tiny bag of sourdough pretzels for a mid day snack
- Ate a Chik Fil a chicken wrap, fruit bowl and water
- Had a light beer (needed to unwind from stressful workday)

So, this is the first day towards the end goal. One small step for me today, one large step for my future health and well being.

Watch my friend Joe Fisher's journey towards a similar goal at http://joefisher.blogspot.com

No comments: